Junior High School
Our Junior High School Program offers a multicultural, multilevel classroom experience. We provide a creative, friendly environment for academic, social, and spiritual development.
Our low student-to-teacher ratio ensures each child receives high quality, individualized attention. We focus on team building, character development, and time management to prepare students for a successful High School experience.
We include seasonal outings to the Albany Symphony, quality theater productions, Indian Ladders and local attractions to broaden our students experience.
End of Year School Trip
Students choose the location and work together to raise funds through-out the year to pay for the school trip, which helps to build anticipation, character and business thinking skills.
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy Junior High School is a unique and exciting class. We have three grades together (6th, 7th & 8th) in one room. This blend of ages creates an environment where older students are able to help the younger students, not only with academics, but with character as well.
This interaction is not limited to the 6th-8th grades, but occurs when the Jr. and Sr. High are together for classes like Fine Arts, Bible Class and Physical Education.
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy sub-divides the major academic areas into specifically targeted skills in order to develop abilities more thoroughly. We also provide a Bible Class which reinforces Christian conduct. It is the expectation that all homework is completed in a timely manner to in-still good habits.
- Daily class reading and lectures, with challenging questions found in the text
- Weekly “current event” projects
- Class discussion and debate events
- Quarterly research papers and presentations
- Group projects and presentations
- Daily lectures and “hands on” activities
- Group and individual research projects
- Labs that support and correspond with unit themes
- Extensive testing and homework requirements
- A new lesson each day with 30–40 homework questions
- Quarterly projects pertaining to the theme of the unit being taught
- Extensive testing
- Practical “life application” units
Language Arts Program
- Vocabulary application and spelling
- Reading Comprehension – getting the main idea, sentence meaning, theme review, and following directions
- Daily class reading and lectures with challenging questions
- Weekly essay projects reflecting on social issues
- Quarterly reading projects
- Novel and summary Papers
- Author Research Papers
- Grammar Seminar
Music, Drama and Art at Mt. Moriah Christian Academy are combined in exciting endeavors across the grade levels and include opportuni-ties for voice, playing instruments, the-atrics, as well as technical and artistic projects.
Our program provides instruction in soccer and basketball skills as well as other mixed sports opportunities.
Practical, real world Spanish is taught by a native speaker.
- 10 Reasons To Go To College
Life is full of options and choices. The choices we make shape our future. As we stand at the cross roads after high school we must have the right vision to make the decision to go to college. 1. A college education secures our future. The number of employment opportunities is greater and statistics reveal...Read More
- Key Benefits Of Private Student Loans
With the steady escalation of educational costs and as the number of applicants are on the rise for federal loans, private student loans have grown rapidly among college students. Many students find the private student loans to be fitting and obtained effortlessly for making college education expenses. Private student loans also known as alternative student...Read More
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy is Rated: 5 / 5
based on these 1 happy customer reviews.
“I loved the school. The staff are caring and the families are amazing. Our children greatly missed their friends and teachers after we re-located!”