Senior High School
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy prepares students for college and vocational training, and guides in development of confidence in their abilities to achieve their goals with our Senior High School Program.
Students are encouraged daily to make good decisions based on real knowledge of God’s love and grace to strengthen them in their character development.
Students are required to take five NY State Regents and the SAT. Stu-dents are strongly encouraged to take the SAT Subject Test and the ACT. Mt. Moriah Christian Academy students consistently score above the state and national level and have received out-standing grants and scholarships for their academic and extracurricular achievements including the National Honors Society.
- Universities of New York
- Elim Bible Institute
- Vermont University
- Northpoint Bible College
- Southern Florida University
- Cazenovia College
- Oklahoma State University
- Robert’s Wesleyan College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Schenectady Community College
- Houghton College Hartwick College
- ITT Tech College of St. Rose
- Union College RPI
- Seton Hall Maria College
- Russell Sage College Sienna College
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy is designed to prepare our students for a successful 4-year college experience. Our graduating requirements meet or exceed all re-quirements of New York State and each student’s strengths are nurtured and developed in the best way possible to help that student become success-ful and confident.
Each Mt. Moriah Christian Academy course listed earns one credit towards student graduation requirements.
- Mathematics: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Business Math
- Sciences: Biology/Lab, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics
- History: U.S. History, World History, Geography and Cultural Studies, Government/Economics
- Literature/English: American Literature, English Literature, World Literature, Themes in Literature
- Computers/Essay Development: Students are taught how to express their thoughts and opinions through writing. They also learn how to give a summary of information in an articulate way in order to achieve successful test results. Stu-dents are taught typing as well as other pro-grams such as, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe.
- Foreign Language: Two years – Spanish 1 and 2
- Fine Arts: Multi Media Project – Fall Show – videography, photography, computer design and development, collage, painting, sketch, writing, fashion design, woodworking, cooking, dance, music.
- Christmas Program: Chorus, drama and indi-vidual student performances
- Spring Production: Students work together to present a dramatic production, learning how to do stage and prop design, dramatic presentation, costume design, lights, sound, acting , directing, and promotions.
- Honors: This class is for students who maintain an 80% average. Students may pursue their individual interests with the help of a teacher and to receive High School credit. This may include Debate Team and Yearbook Team.
- Physical Education: We focus on physical fit-ness and healthy living. All students are re-quired to participate at their own level of skill. Students are transported to a local gymnasium for the PE class during the winter months. Athletic teams are formed when there is promising student interest.
- Spiritual Life: Each morning students meet to have a devotion and prayer with their teach-er. Chapel and Bible classes are taught weekly by trained pastors and teachers. Special guests are often invited to share with students at these classes.
- Missions and Community Outreach: Students are encouraged attend church services and volunteer. They are also able to travel to Kenya, Africa to the Mt. Moriah Children’s Home with outreach teams to serve the or-phans there. This is an exciting and life changing experience that students will never forget.
- Other Yearly Events: Students are very ac-tive in fundraising for their class trips and overall school development. Events that stu-dents and families are very active in are the Family Harvest Night, History Bowl, and the Spring Presentation.
- Choosing An Online Private College And University
Private colleges and Universities are known for their high standards and excellent academic programs. Their online programs are no different. If you are ready to get your Bachelor’s degree, or if you are ready to continue your post-secondary education, consider an online private college or University degree program. Getting an education through an online private...Read More
- Key Benefits Of Private Student Loans
With the steady escalation of educational costs and as the number of applicants are on the rise for federal loans, private student loans have grown rapidly among college students. Many students find the private student loans to be fitting and obtained effortlessly for making college education expenses. Private student loans also known as alternative student...Read More
Mt. Moriah Christian Academy is Rated: 5 / 5
based on these 1 happy customer reviews.
“What our family loves most about Mount Moriah Academy is the Christian environment that’s stress-free yet enthusiastic about learning. The small class-size allows for a maximum amount of learning to take place in a short amount of time to where the teachers can focus on each individual student and their unique learning style/needs. We believe investing in a Christ-centered education is an investment in eternity.”